This week we have Teresa Noelle Roberts joining us on Wicked Wednesdays!!!!!!! She has brought us some information about her along with an excerpt from Out of Control
A quick bio of Teresa…
Teresa Noelle Roberts started writing stories in kindergarten and she hasn’t stopped yet. A prolific author of short erotica, she’s also a published poet and fantasy writer—but hot paranormals and BDSM-spiced contemporaries were her favorites. Then she discovered that SF romance offers new possibilities for wild sex and imaginative adventure, so she’s added that sub-genre to her repertoire.
Teresa is a crunchy granola girl who enjoys belly dance, yoga, medieval re-creation, playing in the ocean, cooking, and growing more vegetables than she and her husband can possibly eat. She’d enjoy sleeping, too. She thinks. But it takes so much time!
She shares her home in southern Massachusetts with her husband, a Leo in law enforcement, and two overstuffed cats. She and her husband often plan vacations around food, history, and/or proximity to water.
Web site: www.teresanoelleroberts.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TeresNoeRoberts ( @TeresNoeRoberts).
And the interview!!!!!
- Tell us five random facts about yourself.
I write my naughty books under my real name.
I’m named for both my parents; my father was a Christmas-day baby and his middle name was Noel.
Left unsupervised, I’d be a crazy cat lady. Himself keeps me from taking them all home.
I cracked two vertebrae as a teen, but it wasn’t discovered until I was over forty.
Most of our yard is taken up with gardens.
- Why did you begin writing? It was never a conscious decision. Writing is almost as necessary as food and oxygen. I can’t remember not writing, not being obsessed with words and stories. My mother has stories and poems I dictated as a preschooler.
- What do you hope to achieve writing in the BDSM/erotic genre? My primary goal is to write fun, sexy stories with believable, interesting characters. But I hope to sneak in a little education about the lifestyle, especially safe, sane and consensual play, and the importance of communication, by having my characters model such things. Or sometimes, having them model doing something unwise and having to deal with the consequences.
- Are you an active participant in the lifestyle or just an interested author? I’ve been in a 24/7 D/s relationship for nearly twenty years. I identify as a submissive.
- What do you believe is the hardest part of the writing process, specifically related to the BDSM genre? I’m not sure this is the hardest part, necessarily, but one challenge is writing a good negotiation scene. It’s so important, especially in the earlier stages of a relationship, and I want my books to provide a healthy model for people who might just be starting to experiment with kink. But writing a scene like that so it isn’t boring is hard! Also because Himself and I been together so long—and also because of the degree of power exchange in our relationship—we don’t need to talk much about limits and safewords and the parameters of a particular scene unless we’re trying something completely new. But that’s the way you can play after two decades together. I don’t recommend it for everyone, and certainly not for my characters if they’re just getting to know each other as lovers and BDSM playmates.
- Who are your inspirations? Mentors? Or favorite authors? My real provides a certain amount of inspiration. <Smug, evil grin.> Some of my favorite authors in the BDSM vein include Joey W. Hill, Cecilia Tan, Laura Antoniou (definitely erotica, not erotic romance), Alison Tyler, and a new author whose first book I was lucky enough to beta-read, Tamsen Parker. A list of all my favorite authors across genres would take up pages and pages. **I love Joey and Laura- excited to meet Cecilia this year**
- Do you write to entertain, to inform or both? How do you believe you accomplish this? Mostly I write to entertain, but I embed information for those who want it in what I hope is a good story. I try to make my scenes realistic and once in a while I’ll have something go wrong in the weird ways they sometimes do. My submissive characters have both spines and safewords. My Doms have flaws and insecurities. My characters aren’t gorgeous billionaires or kidnapped beauties who decide their captors’ kinky games are hot (not that there’s anything wrong with those fantasies when well done) but programmers, college professors, artists…people like those my readers might know, who just happen to be kinky as cheap garden hoses.
I’m talking here about my contemporary erotic romances and erotica. I also write erotic paranormal and SF romances, where I make no claims my characters are anything like the guy/gal next door. (Unless you live next door to a sexy shapeshifter or an attractive, anatomically compatible alien, in which case I want to come visit.)
- Share a few of your “bucket list” items? In no particular order: hike the Grand Canyon; body-surf with Himself on the Hawaiian beach where he learned to do it; take a riverboat cruise on the Rhine; visit Alaska; see my name on a major best-seller list.
- If you could have dinner with 3 people- past or present who would they be and why? My friend and honorary brother Gregg. He’s been dead nearly twenty years and I still miss him every day.
Emily Brontë, a talented and fascinatingly crazy woman. I suspect she’d love learning about BDSM. There are so many undertones of dominance and submission in Wuthering Heights, even though I have no reason to think she knew D/s, in the sense we’re talking about, existed.
And who wouldn’t like to have dinner with Leonardo da Vinci? Actually, what I’d really like to do is be a fly on the wall while he dined with other Renaissance luminaries. That way I could hear him being brilliant and not worry about making a fool of myself.
- vanilla or chocolate? You’re kidding, right? No vanilla for me! J
- Snow or Beach? Beach! I like some things about winter, but after all the shoveling I’ve done this week, definitely beach.
- Sandals, boots or sneakers. I’m not likely to wear sneakers. Otherwise, it depends on the weather.
- lazy Saturdays: naked, sweats or full blown dressed. An ideal Saturday involves some naked time for obvious reasons and some dressed time so we can get out of the house and have an adventure. I’m terrible at lazy, so it’s rarely the sweats!
- favorite food? That depends on when you ask me, but I’m a huge fan of good cheese.
- Favorite color? Sapphire blue.
- Favorite time of day? Anytime except right when the alarm rings. Once I’m awake, it’s always a good time.
- Favorite season? I wouldn’t want to live somewhere without four distinct seasons because I love them all. Although I could do without any more major snow storms this winter, thank you very much!
- Favorite pastime? I’m terrible at picking favorites, in case you haven’t figured that out. Some things I enjoy (other than the obvious “kinky good times between consenting adults”) include vegetable gardening, cooking, hiking, and of course reading.
- Favorite drink? Right now I’ll go with whiskey, but I’m also partial to coffee, champagne, and rich, full-bodied red wines.
- Tell us about what you are working on now? I’m revising the first in a series of erotic romances about kinky cougars and the hot, equally kinky younger men who love them, and working on a light-hearted spanking-oriented novella.
- Anything you want to tell us that we didn’t cover? I have an erotic science fiction romance coming out in May. No BDSM, but lots of edgy sex.
Out of Control Blurb and Excerpt
Out of Control blurb:
He’s got her tied up, but she’s got him out of control.
Glass artist Jen Kessler has hit the jackpot—a cheap apartment in a charming Victorian house, complete with a sexy, intense, buttoned-down landlord…who may or may not have a riding crop in his bedroom.
She’s not looking for a lover, but when her innocent, impulsive hug sparks kisses as hot a molten glass, it leads to bondage, spankings, and more naughtiness that, up to now, she had only tasted.
His new tenant may have wild, dyed hair and an unconventional job, but Cornell math professor Drake Matthews admires the work ethic that got her out of debt. Then he’s stunned at how quickly she destroys decades of his carefully cultivated self control.
Soon their sexual and emotional passions push them to the edge—and beyond. But it’s not all good, dirty fun. As Drake takes more and more control of Jen in the bedroom, her deeply ingrained independent streak pushes back. And it’ll take more than a shared penchant for ropes, paddling, and coffee to overcome pasts that could unravel their relationship before it begins.
Warning: Contains kinky sex, molten glass, geeky higher mathematics, family secrets, and irresponsible consumption of coffee.
Drake laid one hand on the back of her neck. “Be still.” His voice was deep, calm, soothing. He stroked the nape of her neck as if he petted a beloved but jumpy pet. Something melted inside her, like glass would melt in a furnace, and she went limp across his lap.
“Good girl,” he whispered. “Surrender to the sensation. Surrender to me.” Still stroking her hair, he spanked her again.
Jen dimly though it may have been even harder than the other times. But the sting didn’t feel like pain. It felt like a gift, a gift Drake was giving to her, and that at the same time she was giving to him. Which made no sense, but the thought was the clear spring green of truth. She accepted it just like she accepted the pain and pleasure, the gentle hand on her head and the hard one smacking an ass that felt as red as her thoughts.
She was molten. She was soft and pooling, ready to be molded and shaped—another one of those nonsensical thoughts colored like truth. She wanted to squirm, try to rub herself to orgasm against the coarseness of denim and the hard muscles underneath. Wanted to push back and beg for more. Wanted. Wanted. But at the same time, she just wanted to see what Drake would do next. So far, she had no complaints, though it was hardly how she would have anticipated things going their first time together.
Hoped, maybe; anticipated, no.
The blows were coming faster now but felt lighter. Was that real or was that just because her clit and pussy were throbbing more than her butt was, making it impossible to think of pain as pain?
Colors exploded behind her eyelids, swirling together in impossible ways. She clung to the colors as best she could, some dim part of her knowing she could reproduce the effect, maybe even the surreal spangling, in glass if she could remember how it looked.
Then Drake let his fingers trail between her throbbing butt cheeks to stroke her pussy.
The colors exploded into fireworks of hues she saw only in dreams, and she exploded with them. No way could she capture those colors. She didn’t think she could see them again unless she was coming, and orgasms and hot glass would be a dangerous combination.
Though with Drake’s hand on the back of her neck, maybe she’d be safe, as safe as she felt now to let go with a cry and soar among the colors.
Buy links: Samhain / Amazon / Amazon UK / B&N / Kobo / iTunes