Welcome the Experiment author Jennifer Edlund to the Author Showcase!
1) Tell us about yourself:
I am a Southern California girl who has published three novels.
2) What do you do when you are not writing? Day job?
I’m a professional karaoke singer and Paleo chef, and I blog about dating and relationship advice.
3) How did you choose the genre you write in?
It just sort of landed in my lap when I was 16. I started writing fan-fiction and incorporating my friends into the story lines. It was a big hit, so I knew later in life, it would be something I would want to pursue.
4) When did you start writing?
At the age of 16
5) Biggest influences as a reader/writer?
6) Is anything in your writing based on real life experiences or purely all imagination? Where do your ideas come from?
The ideas for my novels come from life experience.
7) Planner or Panster? Planner
8) What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author? What has been the best compliment?
I try not to read reviews on my books…the negative reviews can really bring me down. I think that’s the toughest thing for me. I’d say that the biggest compliment to me is anyone that takes the time to read my novels.
9) Tell us about your book (s).
The Experiment is about a matchmaker who agrees to go undercover and blog about each of her online dates. Favorite thing? Was actually going undercover and going on the dates myself. Each date in the book is inspired by true events Hardest issue to overcome? Trying to make it through each date without tearing my hair out.
10) Advice for aspiring writers?
Everything that is worthwhile takes. Don’t expect miracles with your first book…it may take you 3 or 4 books to get it right.
11) Is there anything that you would like to say to your readers and fans?
I promise you that The Experiment will teach you a thing or two 😉
Links to the novel (s) that you would like to showcase: